Cosmetic aspect of olive oil
Olive oil owes its qualities to its high content of monounsaturated fatty acids and its richness in polyphenols. Countless studies have demonstrated the antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer effects of polyphenols.
The main benefits of olive oil
On a cosmetic level (in cutaneous use), olive oil has an action:
- softening and soothing the skin;
Uses and synergies of vegetable olive oil
Olive oil is very useful in case of:
- Acne ;
- slight burn;
- colored hair ;
- slight scar;
- dry or irritated scalp;
- make-up removal;
- dryness (hands, body, hair, nails);
- eczema ;
- skin irritation;
- brittle nails, cuticles;
- rides ;
- stretch marks.
Cutaneous indications (skin, hair, nails).
Our practical tip
In cutaneous use, it is possible to make olive oil even more penetrating by combining it with a vegetable oil such as hazelnut, sesame or macadamia.
- Allergies (overview)
- Achluophobia : all about the fear of the dark
- At what age can you do bodybuilding?
- Fatigue in the morning: causes and remedies
Nutritional aspect of olive oil
Olive oil is one of the major elements of the Mediterranean diet, especially the Cretan diet.
The nutritional benefits of olive oil
- Infection prevention;
- mild sedative;
- mild laxative;
- choleretic and cholagogue;
- digestive (especially in the stomach).
Other health benefits of olive oil
- Reduced risk of stroke;
- limits the rise in glucose levels after meals;
- increased formation of mitochondria;
- prevention of Alzheimer’s disease and cognitive disorders;
- prevention of breast cancer and digestive cancer;
- prevention of arteriosclerosis and hardening of the arteries.
What are the nutritional indications?
We develop here the nutritional use in the food form of olive oil. It is also possible to absorb this oil in the form of capsules (in herbal medicine) or even as a decoction or infusion. In this case, it is generally the leaves that are used (and not the fruits). There is also the glycerine macerate of buds.
Olive oil helps fight against:
- Arteriosclerosis (in prevention, in association with an adapted diet and medical monitoring);
- atherosclerosis (in prevention, in association with an adapted diet and medical monitoring);
- diabetes (in combination with an adapted diet and medical monitoring);
- digestion: digestive disorders (hyperacidity, dyspepsia);
- fatigue ;
- liver (hepatic and biliary disorders);
- digestive disorders.
Our health advice
In order to guarantee a good supply of quality fatty acids, it is recommended to replace butter with olive oil, especially for cooking. For the seasoning, you can mix in equal doses: olive oil and rapeseed oil.