To keep the line, it is better to avoid snacking between meals . Sometimes easier said than done… Rather than rushing for weight loss capsules, or other food supplements with “appetite suppressant” properties, why not try to integrate naturally satiating foods into your diet? ?
How to cut your appetite naturally?
When you have decided to lose weight, it is relatively easy to change your diet accordingly and start exercising. It is much more difficult to fight against the permanent feeling of hunger – whether psychological or physiological.
Several tricks allow you to create a diversion for a while : prepare your meals in advance and stick to them, drink to stave off hunger, clean up your cupboards, go to bed earlier and sleep longer… So many habits constraints that risk creating a lack of enthusiasm and weariness : eating must remain a pleasure! To do this, it is better to indulge yourself with foods with natural appetite suppressant properties , which you gradually integrate into your daily life. Read also
What are the best and most powerful natural appetite suppressants?
There is something for every taste ! These foods should keep you going until your next meal , thereby reducing the risk of weight gain . Most are rich in dietary fiber or protein, which have a strong satiating power. They can be integrated directly into your meals , or serve as a snack . To be considered effective, they must quickly suppress the urge to eat, and this, for a relatively long period.
The most effective appetite suppressant fruits
- The apple – We no longer sell the virtues of the apple ! Low in calories, you can eat it without feeling guilty. It is rich in fibre, pectins and mucilages, which, once in the stomach, absorb a large quantity of water and increase the volume of the food bolus, thereby limiting the feeling of hunger. In addition, it promotes transit !
- Banana – Rich in potassium, magnesium, vitamin A, vitamin B and vitamin C , the banana has it all. At breakfast, as a snack or as a dessert after a light meal, it is the ideal fruit to prevent cravings.
- Grapefruit – Rich in water, low in calories and very high in fiber, grapefruit is an excellent appetite suppressant!
- Lemon – The appetite suppressant function of this citrus fruit is unknown. The citric acid it contains, however, reduces blood sugar levels, which has the effect of increasing the duration of satiation. Its vitamin C also has a satiating effect.
Nuts also curb cravings
- Almonds and walnuts – A small handful of almonds or walnuts from time to time is very beneficial for your health. Not only are they rich in fiber and vegetable proteins , but they also require a chewing effort, which makes it easier to “stall”. Farewell to snacking placed under the sign of cakes or handfuls of candy!
- The most effective appetite suppressant vegetables
- The soup – As a starter, at the start of the meal, or as a main course, the vegetable soup (in pieces or not) is sometimes surprisingly substantial. It is better to prepare it at home to guarantee maximum fiber intake.
- Lentils – Lentils are low in fat and calories . On the other hand, they are rich in fiber and bring a lot of energy to the body.
- Potatoes – Like many vegetables, the potato is very rich in fiber, which absorbs the water present in the stomach and swells, quickly causing a feeling of satiety.
Other Foods That Naturally Cut Hunger
- Cottage cheese – Rich in protein, cottage cheese, preferably at 0%, can fill the little hollows. In the morning at breakfast , at noon after the meal or as a snack, consume it without hesitation.
- Eggs – Low in calories, eggs contain a lot of protein and little fat. An ideal food to satisfy our hunger while waiting for the meal. They are eaten in all forms (scrambled eggs, fried eggs, hard -boiled eggs, etc. Choose organic ones , preferably.
- Oat bran – Rich in fibre, oat bran has the power to fill you up quickly. A delight when mixed with cottage cheese in the morning, or as a snack when you’re peckish.
- Konjac – This popular plant from Asia contains glucomannan, which absorbs a lot of water! As is the case with apples, our stomachs are quickly filled and the feeling of hunger quickly gives way to satiety . Note, konjac is also considered a good fat binder.
- Tofu – Tofu is low in calories and has a high protein content, which keeps the appetite going for quite a while.
- Agar-agar – Used to gel food, this seaweed is an ideal natural appetite suppressant. It can also be consumed in the form of capsules or powder.
- Wakame , another kind of Japanese seaweed, very high in protein can also do the trick.
As part of a diversified diet, these foods can limit weight gain by reducing the desire to snack. It is important to remember that their primary objective is not to make you lose weight , but rather to reconnect with a healthier and more regular eating rhythm.
What drinks to limit the feeling of hunger?
Some teas and other herbal teas have digestive benefits, others simply taste good, or, like green tea, act as fat burners. All have one thing in common: they fill the stomach, without taking a calorie ! They can also be more appealing than just a glass of water.
However, to take advantage of its appetite-modifying effect, remember to drink a glass of water a few minutes before your meal.